Friday 12 November 2010

Weird Sisters

A personal on going project of mine that I dive into when I have time.

I love anatomy, as many people will know... but i also love anatomy in art when its distorted or cleverly out of proportion.

This is my attempt at a series of pieces, (traditional, so ignore that fact that one is in digital)

The weird sisters are all female nudes which are extremely tall and thin but with very eventuated features, depending on the nature of the pose. so it could be big hips, bendy legs, long neck.. and so on.

here are the sketches of some: -


The first page has my favourite 2 poses so far, even these sketches as excentuated as I would like, or as dramatic in the distortion of the pose.

I had a blast at doing two of them to size (maybe a little smaller then i would of liked)

This was the first Sister I did in large scale sketch. to see how it would look on a large plane, this was about 5'10 tall. on the side of the fridge... very classy. 
Had big fun doing this one, and I love how it turned out.

This was my 2nd attempt at a pose form the sheets, but this one just didnt click with me so i scrapped it at this stage.

I took one into photoshop and played mac filter monkey with it for a while and this came out.
stage 1
finished (well... as finished as i could bring myself to make it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment